Practical Hung Kyun uses a combination of 4 main types of offensive techniques:
- Kicks (Tek): Front kicks, side kicks, stomping kicks, sweeping kicks, knee kicks etc.
- Strikes (Da): Fist, palm, edge of the palm, fingers, forearms, elbows etc.
- Takedowns (Seut): Sweeps and throws etc.
- Submissions (Na): Holds, joint-locks, vital point’s attacks etc.
So called “Individual Techniques and Combinations”, ie. “Drills” (Saan Sik) are practiced:
- on the spot
- on the spot with turning
- with steps
- as a “shadow boxing“ drills without equipment
- as part of “Strengthening and Conditioning” (Lin Gung): on focus mitts/kicking pads, on heavy bags, on wall bags
The same techniques are at the same practiced with a partner as “Application Drills” (Saan Sau).
If you like the article and if you want to support our work, please add your comment, click “tweet” or “like”. Your support will help us and encourage us to publish and share more articles and videos in the future!
Thank you for every visit, “tweet”, “like” or comment!