PHK’s “Eighteen Application Drills” (Sap Baat Saan Sau, SBSS) is a series of 18 unarmed self-protection techniques and short combat sequences, covering all 3 ranges/phases.
Sap Baat Saan Sau is a mandatory program for all our PHK beginners (1st Kap).
SBSS’s philosophy can be described as:
“Set of personal combat principles applied to an intentionally limited number of simple self-defence fighting skills that are easily recalled under duress and able to be linked, creating short combative sequences.”
(Modern combatives expert Kelly McCann).
SBSS cover 3 main phases of combat:
- Unattached horizontal, i.e. free phase (“kickboxing”)
- Attached vertical, i.e. various forms of stand-up grappling and clinch – strikes and kicks included!
- Unttached or attached horizontal, i.e. ground fighting
The paragraphs above are from our detailed PHK Combatives Instructor’s Manual. Below is a short footage of some of the SBSS from our PHK Training Camp, and a bit more from the manual.
Aims and Objectives
- To learn most important “self-defense” techniques
- To have basic, simple and reliable self-protection game plan, fast to execute (Hick‘s Law – the more choices, the more time to decide).
- To cover all ranges (including clinch and ground fighting).
- Incorporating striking tools, which are immediately ready without any special Lin Gung training, such as „Straight Palms“ (Jing Jeung), „Low Palms“ (Dai Jeung)/Claws, „Chopping Strikes“ (Pek Cheui), knees (Hei Sat) and elbows (Gung Jaang).
SBSS Instructional video series in progress! For time being, please master the fundamentals featured in our PHK Intro Kit: Beginner’s Guide to Chinese Martial Arts.
Pavel Macek Sifu, Practical Hung Kyun
If you like the article and if you want to support our work, please add your comment, click “tweet” or “like”. Your support will help us and encourage us to publish and share more articles and videos in the future!
Thank you for every visit, “tweet”, “like” or comment!
Michael Goodwin Sifu: Hung Kyun Combat Secrets Workshops
Prague 3 – Vinohrady
[recent_products per_page=”4″ columns=”4″ orderby=”date” order=”desc”]
2,067 total views, 5 views today