What if I told you…12 crucial tips for significant improvement of your martial arts training?
- “You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.“
Here is my red pill – check out my TOP 12 list, and get angry – or wake up, and get better.
- Move well first – and then worry about everything else.
- Get strong – and I mean strong!
- Practice less stuff, but get much better at it.
- Get rid of hundreds useless training drills you are currently doing – choose wisely the drills that have the best carry-over to improvement of your skills.
- Get rid of unrealistic attacks and responses – 99% of the “attacks” and “responses” you see in various Hung Ga Kyun videos are complete nonsense. Sorry.
- Hit stuff – pads, sandbag, kick the wooden poles.
- Pressure test your application drills in full-contact reality-based self-defense scenarios: 1 on 1, 2 on 1, multiple assailants, armed assailant, ground fighting…
- Spar on regular basis – because what works in a drill may not work in sparring at all.
- Cross-train: “Practice one style, but watch 100 styles”.
- Stop badmouthing grappling, MMA and combat sports in general and learn some grappling fundamentals instead.
- Stop blindly praising ridiculous videos of Zombie-like sets and worse than Shaw Bros movie applications – and yes, it doesn’t matter what “authority” or Grand-Master is performing them, Westerner or Chinese. You KNOW it is nonsense.
- Think PRACTICAL!
If you like the article and if you want to support our work, please add your comment, click “tweet” or “like”. Your support will help us and encourage us to publish and share more articles and videos in the future!
Thank you for every visit, “tweet”, “like” or comment!
No upcoming events
4,743 total views, 1 views today