Attention, Hung Ga Kyun Masters, Students, Researchers & Fans!
Check out our latest special release!
Authoritative English translation of the 1951 tribute to legendary “Butcher Wing”, Wong Fei Hung’s famous student, “Mr. Tiger & Crane”!
Lam Sai Wing Memorial Book!
One of the last few surviving and rare copies – scanned, restored, edited, translated to English and converted to digital format for the future generations!
The Story Behind the Lam Sai Wing Memorial Book
Grand Master Lam Sai Wing, disciple of of Grand Master Wong Fei Hung, was on the greatest martial artists of his time. He has passed away in 1943, leaving behind a great legacy of his teaching, hundreds and thousands of students and grand-students.
Years later Lam Sai Wing Alumni Association decided to publish a tribute to the late Grand Master. After many months of collecting the contributions of various students, Masters and Grand Masters, writting and editing, Lam Sai Wing Memorial Book was finally published on December 15th 1951.
Extensive Biography of Grand Master Lam Sai Wing
- True life and deeds of Grand Master Lam Sai Wing, documented by his close disciples
- Grand Master’s Family Gung Fu background
- How Lam Sai Wing became a disciple of Wong Fei Hung
- Wong Fei Hung’s secret techniques combination that Grand Master Lam learned after 20 years of study under Wong Fei Hung
- Grand Master’s legendary duels and fights, including the notorious Lok Sin theatre battle
- Lam Sai Wing’s army career
- Hong Kong era of Grand Master’s Lam teaching
- Establishment of “Southern Martial Athletic Association”
(Memorial Book also contains a special biography tribute, written by famous martial arts novelist Nim Fat Saan Yan, one of the close friends of Grand Master Lam.)
One of the many rare vintage photos from the Lam Sai Wing Memorial Book
Biographies of Grand Master Lam’s Disciples and Grand-Students
Apart from extensive biography of Grand Master Lam, the Memorial Book contains detailed biographies of many famous Hung Kyun students, Masters and Grand Masters, such as Lam Jou, Lau Jaam (father of Lau Kar-Leung), Wong Man Kai, Wong Moon Toy (Grand Master of Fu Jow Pai system), Wong Lei, Pun Gwai Yat, Luk Geng Wing (brother of famous White Crane master Luk Chi Fu) and many,many others!
In the Appendix of the original Memorial book you will also find addresses of all students who have contributed to the memorial book, their placeof birth, age and proffession. Very rare set of data for all serious Hung Kyun researchers.
All texts are presented both as scan of the original Memorial Book as well as English translation!
Rare Photos and Calligraphies
- Greetings and calligraphies donated by famous Grand Masters of various styles, eg. White Crane, Wing Cheun etc.
- Vintage photos of Lam Sai Wing’s School students as well as his nephew’s, Grand Master Lam Jou’s
- Biography portraits of Grand Master’s students and grand-students
- Photos of many famous students and grand-students of Grand Master Lam, performing various bere-handed techniques, weapons, sparirng sets and weapons sparring sets
All photos have been scanned and restored from one of the few surviving copies existing today!
Detailed Texts on Hung Ga Kyun Core Bare-Handed Sets and Weapons
Additional texts, documenting the core Lam family Hung Kyun curriculum and written by Lam Sai Wing’s students, cover following “pilar sets”
- Taming of the Tiger in Gung Pattern by Grand Master Lam Jou
- Tiger and Crane Double Form Set by Grand Master Wong Man Kai
- Iron Thread Set by Grand Master Wu Lap Fung
- Geui Chung’s Double Knives by Grand Master Lam Jou
- Fifth’s Brother Eight Diagram Long Pole by Grand Master Lam Jou
Valuable appendix covers:
- Chinese martial arts family terms
- Short analysis of Wong Fei Hung’s secret technique combination
- List of the techniques of Geui Chung’s Double Knives
- List of techniques of Fifth’s Brother Eight Diagram Long Pole (techniques, footwork, body movements)
- List of all other Chinese names, persons, terms and places
All terms are presented in standard Yale romanization Cantonese together with traditional Chinese characters and English translation!
Content of the Lam Sai Wing Memorial Book (Digital Downloadable Version)
Table of Content
- Cover of the original …page 1
- Word of Thanks …page 5
- Comments on the Original …page 5
- Comments on the Translation …page 5
- Preface …page 9
- Table of Contents …page 9
- Lam Sai Wing …page 14
- Greetings and Photos …page 21
- Lam Cho …page 35
- Lau Cham …page 39
- Lam Chi Sat …page 39
- Wong Man Kai …page 43
- Lee Cheung Tak …page 44
- Wong Moon Toy …page 47
- Wong Lung Fei …page 47
- Fong Wing Cheung …page 47
- Lee Sham …page 48
- Wong Lee …page 51
- Poon Kwai Yat …page 51
- Wong Lai Wan …page 51
- Kei Yeun Wa …page 55
- Cheung Si Biu …page 55
- Luk Keng Wing …page 59
- Ho Ping Yeun …page 59
- Ho Yip Chau …page 59
- Cheung Yuk Man …page 63
- Ma Wing Chi …page 63
- Cheung Kim Kwong …page 63
- Mo Gang …page 67
- Ng Lim …page 67
- Wong Kwai Chung …page 67
- Photos and Greetings …page 71
- Lam Sai Wing and Book …page 103
- Gung Ji Fuk Fu Kyun …page 107
- Geui Chung Dou …page 112
- Yeung Ga Ng Long Baat Gwa Gwan …page 112
- Fu Hok Seung Ying Kyun …page 114
- Tit Sin Kyun …page 117
- Directory …page 130
- Afterword …page 138
- Appendix 1 – Forms of Address in Kung Fu …page 140
- Appendix 2 – Rattle Fists …page 141
- Appendix 3 – Techniques in Geui Chung Dou …page 142
- Appendix 4 – Techniques in Yeung Ga Ng Long Baat Gwa Gwan …page 143
- Appendix 5 – Lists of Names and Terms …page 145
About the Translators
K. van ’t Slot-Lai, born and raised in Hong Kong, she has practised Gung Fu since young age and for many, many years. She now resided in the Netherlands.
C. van ‘t Slot Sifu has practised Gung Fu since young age. In 2000 he went to Hong Kong and started learning from master Lam Chun Fai. He has become a senior disciple of Master Lam Chun Fai. Currently, he runs a Gung Fu school in the city of Utrecht, the Netherlands.
Download the digital version of Lam Sai Wing Memorial Book NOW and Get A Special Bonus: high-res printable Gung Fu Altar of Grand Master Lam Sai Wing!
Restored version of the original four parts altar form the Late Grand Master Lam Jou’s school, made by Wong Man Kai, disciple of Lam Sai Wing in 1950’s.
Suitable for framing and hanging in your school or at your home.
Pay the respect to the first patriarch of Lam Family Hung Kyun, venerable Lam Sai Wing, and help to promote the art of Hung Kyun and Chinese culture in general.
Top: First Generation Patriarch
Left and right: Just As a High Mountain You Face, The Martial Virtues Will Last Forever.
Heaven given talent, divine and mighty,
Strongest in the Southern China,
Patriarch of the Tiger Crane School,
Developed to glory and prosperity.
Disciples like a peaches and plums planted everywhere,
Most honorable first generation patriarch,
Martial Virtues Passed on Brightly,
Will be spread and taught forever.
100%Money Back Guarantee!
If for any reason you don’t feel that the rare and precious Lam Sai Wing Memorial Book and the downloadable poster bonus were an outstanding and rare addition to your Hung Ga Kyun library, you may contact us at any time during the next 60 days and we’ll refund your money.
If you like the article and if you want to support our work, please add your comment, click “tweet” or “like”. Your support will help us and encourage us to publish and share more articles and videos in the future!
Thank you for every visit, “tweet”, “like” or comment!
PHK Summer Training Camp
15,639 total views, 3 views today